Falling in Love


With Myanmar.

You might too after watching this! There are a few versions of this video floating around, but this is the one I made for my aunt and uncle who came with us to the convention from Florida. They are in the Cambodian group in Jacksonville. After Myanmar, they finally got to go to Cambodia to see what it was like for themselves. They loved the ministry there!

If you'd asked me two years ago if I would ever go to international convention, I would have said probably not. I thought it would always be prohibitively expensive, seeing as how we had been accepted to several in the past but repeatedly chosen to back out.

Once again, in the month before convention, I felt a financial squeeze. I worried I had been frivolous. Was Special Convention a need? Was it wise to shorten an assignment to pay for a vacation? I had mixed emotions.

Then I went to Myanmar. It soon became clear that I could have paid twice as much for that experience and it still would have been a bargain. It probably changed the course of my life. But i'm still figuring that out!


So not only did I learn that special/international conventions are a privilege to always reach out for, but I learned to stop guessing what I can do or where I will be. Because two years ago, I thought I would never make it to an international convention. But now i'm attending two in one year! Not to mention, at the second convention, we won't simply be attending. We'll be hosting! Seattle's international convention is coming up fast and there's so much to do. It's incredible. Jehovah has so many surprises waiting for us.




Enjoy!








Thanks for reading!

Comments

Tiera C. said…
What a treat! I loved this as always Lexi!

You're really good with making videos by the way. You are having the time of your life this service year! Amazing! Very happy for you, and glad I found your blog so that I can live vicariously through you until I make it to Thailand! :) Enjoy the International also! Some friends from NC Hindi Group went to Myanmar convention, and I have some friends that live in Seattle. Haven't gotten a chance to talk to them to see if they got invited. They're in a foreign language group there.

Anyways, thanks again for the post! :)
Shawn said…
Lexi, your video is amazing. I'm going to my 1st int'l conv in October in Mexico and if it's half as neat as what I saw here, I'll be a happy camper :)
http://shawn-adventuresinnicaragua.blogspot.com
Lexi Dowding said…
Thanks Tiera! I AM!!! Can't believe it sometimes. When are you thinking about going to Thailand? Who are your friends in Seattle? The foreign language groups aren't invited to the convention, sadly. But i'm sure Jehovah has something else amazing in store for them.

So glad you're going Shawn! Bring lots of little presents. Even handing out pieces of candy feels good. And take lots of pictures! Congratulations on your first international convention!!!
Travelingbrood said…
I wish everyone could read your blog. There are so many in our cong and city that dont want to go to the Melbourne international convention because they feel they can have a cheaper holiday elsewhere... and even though that may be the case they are missing the point. The FDS have invited all to attend... we don't know if there will ever be another international you will be invited to, but once you've been to one you are hooked for life. Those memories will last forever hold onto them x Keep up the amazing work!
Lexi Dowding said…
True, true! International convention is a bit of a leap of faith but one that pays off. Thanks for the encouragement! @travelingbrood
Anonymous said…
Really enjoyed the video! It transports you to Myanmar, thanks for sharing!

Popular Posts